For Our Residents
Add Roommate Policies & Procedures
- A representative from Capital will conduct an inspection of your apartment within 7 days of receiving the Add Roommate form. Your signature on the completed form authorizes Capital to enter your apartment without further notice for the purpose of this inspection. The inspection will occur during normal business hours within 7 days following your submission of this form (Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 4:30pm). It is not necessary that you be present for this inspection, however if you would like to request a specific inspection time, please contact our office at 503-288-7368 to schedule the appointment.
- After the inspection is completed, you will be contacted by Capital to inform you whether or not your potential roommate may now submit an application through our Leasing Department. Please be advised that new applicants will not be considered until the inspection has been completed & approved.
- Once notified, you may instruct your potential roommate to submit an application through our Leasing Department. Applications may be submitted on our website at www.capmng.com or in our office during normal business hours. The applicant must submit a $50.00 screening fee, completed application, photo ID and two recent paystubs. The screening process typically takes 2-3 business days. Based on the screening results, the applicant may be approved without conditions, approved with an increased security deposit, approved with addition of a cosigner, or denied. You & the applicant will be notified of the screening results once completed & the amount of the additional security deposit, if required.
- Once approved, you & your new roommate will be required to schedule an appointment at your apartment. Please be advised that all authorized residents must be present at this appointment, including the new resident being added to the lease. At this appointment, the new resident will be issued an apartment key, all residents will sign lease paperwork & complete an updated Move-In Condition Report to document the current physical condition of the apartment, and if applicable, the additional security deposit will be due at this time.
- Security deposits must be in the form of guaranteed funds (money order or cashier’s check only), and should be made payable to Capital Property Management Services, Inc. Please be advised that your new roommate is not permitted to occupy the apartment prior to the date that all lease documents are signed.
- While a new Move-In Condition Report will be completed at the appointment during which the new resident will be added to the lease, the original Move-In Condition Report will be referenced upon move out of the final tenant to determine whether any damages beyond normal wear & tear have occurred during the tenancy. The security deposit on file for the unit will not be refunded until the final tenant vacates.
- Residents who wish to transfer will need to fill out the Transfer Request form and provide updated proof of income. If the current resident has not previously been screened by Capital or if a roommate is being added, the Transfer Requests will also require submission of the following materials: Government-issued photo ID and a completed Rental Application. New applicants not currently renting from Capital will be subject to the $50.00 standard non-refundable application fee.
- Once these items have been submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, the apartment desired will be held off the market for you as we begin the screening process. Submission of your Transfer Request, in its entirety, will constitute 30-days’ notice to vacate your current residence. You will be notified by the Leasing Department once the screening results are complete.
- A representative from Capital will conduct an inspection of your apartment within 7 days of receiving the Transfer Request form. Your signature on this form authorizes Capital to enter your apartment without further notice for the purpose of this inspection. The inspection will occur during normal business hours within 7 days following your submission of this form (Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 4:30pm). It is not necessary that you be present for this inspection, however if you would like to request a specific inspection time, please contact our office at 503-288-7368 to schedule the appointment.
Security Deposit Refund Upon Move-out:
To initiate the process of adding an additional resident to your lease, please submit a signed copy of the Add Roommate form to our leasing office. For any questions regarding the process or specific details feel free to contact our leasing department directly at 503-288-7368.
Resident Transfer Policies
Current residents in good standing* with a minimum of 6 months’ rental history with Capital Property Management Inc. (Capital) will be considered eligible for transfer. In order to transfer, you must be renting on a month-to-month basis, be nearing the end of your lease, or be willing to pay the lease break fee. *A resident in good standing is determined by assessment of the following: review of payment history, review of violations, complaints and/or disturbances and an inspection of current apartment conditions.
Transfer Screening Process:
Payments Required Upon Approval:
Upon approval you will have 24-hours to remit the following items to Capital:
- A signed copy of the Execution Agreement for your new apartment home and a $500 Execution Deposit (this Deposit will be credited towards costs at your new apartment upon move-in, but retained as a Cancellation Fee should you decide not to move-in).
- Final pro-rated rent for the remaining 30-days at current residence. Residents are responsible to pay the full 30 days even if not planning to occupy the apartment during for the entirety of the 30 days.
- Once the above fees are paid and your new apartment home is secured, you will be asked to schedule a move-in appointment for your new apartment. Your new apartment can be held off the market for up to 7 days from the rent-ready date or your approval call, whichever is sooner. Failure to take possession of your new apartment home will result in the forfeiture of your Execution Deposit.
- At your lease signing-appointment for your new apartment, you will be required to pay pro-rated rent, prorated utilities and your new security deposit, less your $500 Execution Deposit. In addition, you will receive a rent concession equal to 2 days rent in your new apartment for time to move. Payments must be made in full as we cannot accept partial payments or payment plans in the transfer process.
- Your Security Deposit for the former apartment will be reconciled within 31 days from the date keys were returned to our office.